It’s not easy being a small business owner. Around 50% of small businesses last less than 5 years according to the Bureau of Labour Statistics. Why is that? There are various reasons such as not understanding consumer demands, failure to adapt to new challenges, improper use of funds or not intelligently investing in any digital branding, digital marketing or advertising.
With the multiple social media platforms or digital tools that your business should be using, it can be overwhelming and feel like a waste of time or finances to invest in. However, it is known that around 70-80% of people will research online first before physically visiting or investing anymore time into a brick-and-mortar store. This is crucial information for small to medium-sized businesses. Your presence online, digital marketing and digital branding matters. A LOT.
Let’s focus on digital branding.
What Is Digital Branding?
Think of digital branding as a long-term marketing strategy. It’s building your brand identity through digital strategies and planning. When done exceptionally, your digital branding will effectively communicate your brand experience in order for your audience to know what your company truly represents. It’s essentially a technique of leveraging the power of digital mediums and the internet to develop your brand (i.e. image of your company or specific identity). You have the opportunity to reach across different platforms in hopes to generate a constant flow of leads that can go down your sales funnel.
Here are the items that form essential parts of your digital branding:
- Brand message (i.e. slogan)
- Content marketing
- Social media
- Influencer marketing
- Online advertising
You may still be thinking, “Is it really that important for my business to succeed?”
The quick answer is a resounding YES.
There are plenty of benefits to digital branding, but we’ll focus on the main ones that occur most frequently.
- With building your digital branding identity, you can help convert customers into brand loyalists. We all know someone that is loyal to a specific brand, and they tend to convert others along the way.
- Your business can stay ahead of competitors and maintain a competitive advantage amongst those that are the same size or bigger than your business.
- If your business is not found online, people will care less (if at all) about you. When you drive traffic to your site, you can drive traffic through your sales quicker.
- Digital branding is a multi-channel approach to improving your business presence online. Using multiple channels, you can reach more of your target audience and customers.
- If you are not able to respond to customer queries online or social media platforms, your business will lose the audience’s trust. Stay engaged with your customers whether they walk in the door, give you a call or inquire online. Consistent engagement can bring in consistent business.
If you are interested in learning more about digital branding options for your company, contact Dorian Solutions. We find the best ways to drive more traffic to your business through creating or managing a consistent online presence. Call us to find out more, and we can get you started today!