Companies are either starting or wanting to have successful and long-lasting content marketing. Some companies have success with content marketing; however, without a strategy you are at a great risk of wasting your efforts. Don’t play around with Lady Luck when it comes to your business. Almost 65% companies say that one of the greatest educational needs is to learn how to build a strategy. Whether your company has yet to launch or you’ve been around for decades, it’s never too late or too early to start your content marketing and a strategy alongside it.
The benefits of content marketing with the right strategy, you can gain more traffic, build an outstanding reputation and see growth in both areas. This all is achievable without significantly increasing your budget. So, let’s get started!
Define Content Marketing
Content marketing is exactly how it sounds: marketing through content. It’s strategic marketing that consists of distributing creative, relevant, valuable and consistent content to your target audience. The objective is to drive profitable customer action. Think about your goals, audience demographics, and distribution platforms. Overall, your strategy should include capturing the targeted audience attention through blogs, photos, videos, slideshows, webinars, infographics, and other creative pieces that associate positively with your brand.
The Basic Knowledge
Putting thought behind your content is a smart move. Whatever you’re sending out into the universe as content marketing, it should answer the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What platforms will you utilize?
- What resources do you have?
- What pain points will you resolve?
This is a list of the types of content your company can choose from for content marketing:
- Branded blog posts
- Company blog posts
- Case studies
- Press releases
- News and magazine articles
- User-generated content (example: Instagram post)
Next, you choose options from these common platforms for your content:
- Search engine ads
- Social media
Creating Your Content Marketing Strategy
Developing your strategy is critical, and could be difficult at first. However, it is so worth it in the end. Depending on how long your business has been functioning, you may have accomplished some of these steps already. If that’s the case for you, repurpose the work you’ve done and put it to good use in your marketing strategy.
Since creating your strategy takes time, energy, research, effort, and lots of dedication; we have narrowed our “To-Do” list down to get you started.
- Solidify And Define Your Mission And Goals: This step works with your business plan. Build your content marketing program into your business plan if you haven’t at this point. Each goal you need to define metrics that will be utilized to measure success.
- Conduct Persona Development: With this step, you are helping your team thrive. This part of your strategy will help your content team. They will be able to recognize buyers as people with informational needs easier. From this development, you are able to start content mapping. Your goal is to address and answer questions for your audience.
- Choose A Management System For Your Content: It is critical to have a system to manage your content. If you don’t have a system in place, you will eventually not be able to keep up or simply lose your brain. Find something that works for you and your needs. What is vital to content marketing management include content creation, content publication, and content analytics. Keep that in mind when choosing your management system.
If you are looking for more marketing advice and help, call Dorian Solutions today. We look forward to hearing from you and finding the perfect fit for your marketing needs.