Do you have a social media marketing strategy for the rest of the year? How about for next year? What exactly do you know about social media marketing?
Your social media marketing is the process of gaining attention and/or traffic through any and all of your social media platforms. From the planning of what you hope to achieve to the implementing and watching the traction that you receive. It covers every post, reaction, reply, and comment. Any action that your business takes on social media should serve a purpose in some way, shape or form.
As with any marketing strategy, the more specific you are in your plans the more effective your execution will end up being. The blessing and curse of social media is that some platforms only allow you to use a specific amount of characters in a single post. This means that you have to keep your message clear and concise. What else is there to know about this subject, right?
The Goal & Getting Started
You want to use the outlets that are gaining traction and traffic with your targeted audience. Nowadays, that is social media. In order to achieve any marketing or branding goals, you need to create, share and engage with content on your company’s platforms. Since most consumers view brands and businesses that have a consistent online presence as more trustworthy, then you need to get in the game. If you don’t have any social media marketing, you are probably losing thousands of potential customers as the days go on.
To achieve your business’s goals with a solid social media marketing campaign, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- How would your target audience use social media?
- Which platforms draw more of your target audience?
- What message do you want to communicate with your audience?
- What do you hope to achieve through social media marketing?
Being able to answer these questions will allow to make valuable decisions on where you spend your time, energy and finances with your social media marketing campaign. If you have a marketing company or business-to-business, you may find more value by utilizing Twitter or LinkedIn more than other platforms. Travel or even e-commerce businesses may leverage more on Instagram or Pinterest due to visuals benefitting the audience more.
Exceptional Social Media Marketing Tips
With social media marketing on your side, you can benefit in a lot of ways if you do it right. You can increase website traffic, create your brand identity, raise brand awareness, improve communication/interactions with key audiences, build conversions, and gain positive brand association. How do you plan, create and engage your social media marketing well enough to obtain these benefits?
Here are a few tips and tricks to apply to your future campaigns:
- Social media content planning includes research, SEO, and lots of brainstorming
- Have supreme social content that is valuable to your audience
- Project a consistent brand image throughout your posts
- Utilize social media for promoting your content like blogs that can boost your SEO at the same time
- Feel free to share curated links to outside articles from other sources that provide valuable information to your audience
- Research and practice the best methods for social media crisis management
- You must measure your success with analytics. Without analytics, you’ll never know where you’re doing well and where you need improvement.
- Always track your competitors! Know their technique and consider trying to beat them at their own game.
In the end, most businesses outsource their social media marketing. Why? Because it’s time consuming. If you are a business owner, you want to focus solely on your business. It may be time to consider hiring someone or a marketing team to take over this area on your behalf. With Dorian Solutions, we collaborate with our clients to create the best marketing solutions for them. Call us today to find out more information about our services!