Building a business can be hard enough. Then there can be that added pressure with your online presence to stay relevant. Some of those ways include creating content that drives traffic to your site, a consistent social media existence, and producing video content that exposes your brand well. These are all exceptionally done if you are maintaining your website and know about trends in modern website design. Whether you’re a new business owner just starting out or in desperate need of a fresh look, here are the trends in modern website design that you should know about.
Why Trends In Modern Website Design Are Important?
You’ve probably heard a friend or family member talk about their favorite brands. What’s most notable to know is that your brand’s credibility is constantly judged by its appearance. The statistics show that in 2018, 75% of website users do this solely based on your website design. Your website design should reflect your brand and do it exceptionally. In order to do that, you need to be in-the-know about trends in modern website design. It may seem like a rat race you don’t want to get into; but if you don’t pay attention or invest care into your design, you could be losing customers left and right. Website users nowadays are more demanding (and impatient) than ever. It’s best to view these trends in modern website design as maintenance for your website and brand.
Before we dive right into the trends of modern website design, let’s discuss the necessities first. Unfortunately, almost 30% of small businesses don’t have a professional website yet. If you’re within that percentile, you’re already missing dozens (if not hundreds to thousands) of prospects and leads as you look to grow your business. Building a website is an investment, but it’s the investment your small to medium-sized business needs to continue growth.
When building your website, you want the user experience to be functional, easy to understand and navigate as well as visually pleasing. One factor you’ll want to discuss with your website developer is website speed. Because customers have become more impatient over the years, it’s best to add onto your users experience with your website loading quickly. If your website is fast, functional, easy to understand; then you’re well on your way to an incredible user experience.
Once you’ve achieved that, you can move on to the visual design. One that is responsive to increasing the user experience on any device. More importantly, the trends in modern website design each year.
We understand that it can feel backwards to “follow the crowd” in trends. However, you don’t have to implement all trends in modern website design each year. That could get exhausting. Picking a trend that you like that can reflect your brand well is the best place to start. It shows that your company is up to date visually and listens to their customers (who are also keeping up with trends, whether they like to admit it or not).
Here’s a list of simple brand trends in modern website design:
- Serious logo fonts rather than playful-looking fonts (Helvetica is the top trending font)
- Outlined typography and “brand artwork”/photos splashed throughout your site
- Bold typography
- Diverse, inspiring illustration work (Note be inspired by icons of the ages)
- Vintage simplicity in text and brand artwork/illustrations
These are the top 5 trends in modern website design for 2019 (in no particular order):
- User Experience: This should already be your focus in website building, but make sure it translates into the visuals of your modern website design. Don’t be seen as an annoyance for not being mobile optimized or slow loading. As stated previously, be fast, functional, easy to understand, mobile-friendly and clear visually.
- Asymmetrical Layout: Most sites follow a similar, symmetrical layout where your logo is on the left, the menu at the top, and whatever main copy in the middle with an image to compliment. One of the trends in modern website design is experimenting with asymmetrical designs. This is a great way to stand out and gives your audience an incredibly unique experience.
- Graphics That Are Brand Customized: Again, a majority of sites follow a similar layout and template. You can continue your brand exposure with customized brand illustrations and graphics. Using custom brand elements through and through your site make you look professional, intentional, and simply marvelous.
- White Space: Minimalism is a modern web design that is catching on. Less truly is more. By utilizing white space throughout your website, your brand and site look clean and intellectual. You are essentially removing visual clutter and shifting the user’s focus to explore your site to learn more about you.
- Flat Design: A flat design is commonly described as clean, easy, modern, simple, and efficient. A flat design features a minimalist approach with bright colors while using simple graphics to express key points. This has become one of the most popular trends in modern website design in 2019 that it could be standard practice. It looks slick and users are loving it.
For more information on trends in modern website design, reach out to Dorian Solutions today. If you’re looking for a new website or an easy refresh, we could create the ultimate site for you and your company. Gain more brand exposure with a solid website and make your business grow.