New business objectives require a new technology platform.
Transformation of a business
With a solid track record of providing exceptional online training, Ignitor Labs wanted to transform their courses into a self-serve online subscription platform. But how could they effectively staff, plan and execute their vision without any resident technical leadership?
Ignitor Labs enjoyed the reputation of being an industry leader in on-line training to the commercial food equipment industry, but their growth had become limited by their outdated, desktop PC-only technology platform. Ignitor needed more than just a generic mobile app, they needed an integrated technology platform that kept pace with the latest trends in on-line learning, and that enabled a modern business model built on recurring monthly subscription revenues rather than sporadic one-time projects. And they needed it fast.
Ignitor Labs turned to Dorian Solutions not only for technical resources, but also for program leadership. Rather than diving straight into technical requirements, Dorian Solutions first led the Ignitor team through a structured assessment of their business needs. Once aligned on the targeted business outcomes, Dorian Solutions brought in a team of software developers, database architects, and user-interface design professionals to complement the Ignitor Labs team.
In the end, Dorian Solutions delivered a business-focused, integrated technology solution comprised of:
- Apple/Android mobile app delivering interactive, just-in-time learning content both on-line and off-line
- Cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) that tracked mobile user participation against personal learning objectives and company training targets
- Comprehensive e-commerce platform supporting automated billing of monthly subscription fees and integrated with Quickbooks and multi-state sales tax requirements.
The Bottom Line
At the conclusion of the 12-month collaborative project, Dorian Solutions:
- Delivered the project on-time and 30% under budget
- Left in place best in class tools, processes, and training to enable the Ignitor Labs to continue operating and maintain the system on their own
- In the following 12 months doubled on-going monthly subscription revenues
“Working with Dorian Solutions made the daunting task of building our new system into one that was methodical and well-planned. Jason Ziolo and his team coached us throughout the process, not only delivering a solution but elevating the entire team along the way. We could not have done it without him.”
– Brad Peacock, CEO of Ignitor Labs.
Developers of online equipment training resources. Providing in-depth interactive learning modules, targeted training, and resource tools.
- Commercial Foodservice Technician Training
- Streamlined development cycle
- Improved content management
- Increased user interaction with the platform
- Expanded product offerings
- Project completed on time and more than 30% under budget